Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Point!

So since this is the first post in this blog I figured that I would start off with a post explaining a little bit about it.


I have wanted to start a blog for a while, but my biggest hurdle was always trying to come up with a name for it. I wanted the name to be creative and witty, but I always had problems coming up with one that met that criteria; so for a while I just gave up on the idea. Well fast forward a few years and I finally came up with a name, Dufflepuds. Yes, Dufflepuds. Why? 


 


If you haven't read The Voyage of the Dawn Treader you've probably never heard this term before, and if you have you might be wondering why I chose it as the name of my blog. Anyway, the Dufflepuds are a race of one-legged creatures in the care of Coriakin, and (to me at least) they are quite stupid (although they probably think they are quite smart). So as I thought about these creatures and how stupid they seem to be I realized that if another race were to come and observe us they would probably conclude the same; lets face it we do some really stupid things sometimes. 


I think that humans and Dufflepuds have some similarities (and no that is not an insult, just a fact) and so I decided to name this blog Dufflepuds. I think that there is a little Dufflepud in all of us, and since this blog is going to focus on my life and thoughts I figured I would call it Dufflepuds, since I think that in many ways I am a Dufflepud interacting with other Dufflepuds, so Dufflepuds is the name.


What direction this blog will take as far as content goes I am unsure since I am just beginning this experiment, but I will likely start by posting my thoughts regarding various topics and areas of life. Some will be more serious in nature and others more light-hearted. Some posts will likely be creative and I may even post a few short stories if I feel inspired to write them. If you don't enjoy dry humor, sarcasm, or satire you may not appreciate the jokes that I will throw out here, just warning you. I will likely not be posting about personal things here or my own personal feelings, but hopefully you weren't expecting that from me. Right? ;)


So instead of keeping my thoughts on Facebook where only my friends there can read them I have decided to make them available for the entire Internet to read! That is a good idea right?


And so begins a grand adventure...

No comments:

Post a Comment